Have you been thinking, “Why Avast Behaviour Shield Keeps turning off?”
Well, If you use Avast as your antivirus software, you will probably know that the Behaviour shield does perform some crucial functions to secure your daily work routine.
Avast Behavior Shield conducts real-time monitoring of all your processes, searching for malicious and unwanted activity. After detecting such events, even when the files are not in virus database definitions, the behavior shield blocks the program and reports to you before any damage happens to your system.
So, If you are worried about your Behaviour shield turning off, then the reasons are apparent. There can be many deductions for the cause, but you need to worry as we have covered every little detail to solve your problem. Sometimes when avast ui fails to load this issue comes so try a normal restart first before you begin this process.
The following are the ways to Solve the Avast Behavior Shield turning off.
Use TWEAK- Command Prompt
There are possible indications that background checks and monitoring can also cause load on the CPU and can be the reason for your Avast Behaviour shield turning off. Disabling the following will surely decrease CPU usage of the system.
The following are the steps to disable.
- Push “windows key + R” simultaneously to open the run tab.
- Type “cmd” and tap on enter.
- Type the command “C:/ProgramFiles/AvastSoftware/Avast” and then press enter key.
- A list of folders will appear where you will be required to make changes.
- Select the file “avast5.ini” and insert [GrimeFighter]: ScanFrequency=999 in the command line.
- Save the file.
- Restart the system.
If this method doesn’t help you to fix the avast behavior shield turning off, you can go with the next method
Upgrade to Latest Version
One of the most common ways to solve any issue in Avast is to update its application to the latest version because most of the time, it is an old bug from the previous version that is the cause of the problem. Upgrading Avast to the newest version will help you solve the problem.
Here’s a step by step guide to update Avast.
Open your Avast Antivirus application and tap to the Menu option.
- Go to the Setting in the newly appeared dialog box.
- Click on General and then tap on Update sub tab.
- Two update options will appear on your screen.
- Tap on both to update Avast
Upon up-gradation, check if the avast behavior shield has returned to its usual self. If not, then follow the next method. if you get any error while updating avast then try it again
Stop the Avast Screensaver Scanning
There is a high chance that the Avast Screensaver scanning running in the background is causing your behavior shield to collapse repeatedly, and it can also be the cause of high CPU usage. To solve the issue, you need to “stop” the avast screensaver scan.
Following are the steps to do so:-
- Random right-click on the PC.
- Choose the option to scan with Avast in the context menu.
- A list will appear showing the scans running currently.
- Search in the list for the option named as “Avast Screensaver Scan”.
- Tap on Stop.
Now that you can Stop Screensaver scanning check if the shield behavior is back to normal. If not, follow the next positive method.
Use Control Panel to Repair Avast
One of the best ways to resolve the issue of behavior shield is to repair Avast using the Control Panel.
The following are the ways to repair Avast. Before you start following the steps, make sure that you have logged in as an administrator.
- Open the Run tab of your PC by pressing “ windows key+R”.
- Type in “control panel” and then press enter.
- Choose “category” and click on “Uninstall a program”.
- Look for the option named as “Locate Avast”.
- Tap on Uninstall/Repair to continue.
- Two options will appear on your screen named as “ Repair and Remove”.
- Choose the option Repair and select next.
- Confirm the process.
- Click on the Finish button and Restart your system.
Check whether the issue still exists. If not, follow the next possible solution.
Remove Avast Using Cleanup Tool of Avast
Avast Cleanup tool is prepared to provide real-time protection to close applications that are running in the background. It can be responsible for high CPU usage and behavior shield malfunctioning. Many users have claimed to solve their problem by removing the Avast Cleanup tool.
Following are the steps to remove Avast Cleanup tool:
- Click on the system tray.
- Click on the Avast icon to open the Avast antivirus application.
- Click on Setting and then tap on the Component option.
- A list of components will appear, choose the Avast Cleanup tool and uninstall the app.
- Click on OK and confirm it.
- Reboot your system to save the changes.
Check whether the changes you made are fruitful to you. If not, you can opt for the same procedure to uninstall the Avast behavior shield and reboot the system. Once you have completed the process, install back the behavior shield, and you are good to go.
some techs might suggest that these issues occurred because of avast rpc server unavailability
You need to realize that the Avast behavior shield is an essential component that guards your system against malicious and unwanted activities. If you come across any problem that is related to your Avast behavior shield, you can opt for any of the proven methods to solve your issue. The solutions are straightforward and may require the slightest of your time.
If you have any problems related to your Avast Behavior Shield, do leave us a comment in the comment section given below and we’d be happy to help you!